We are pleased to announce that all Club Purple members will soon be receiving monthly website activity reports.
The report is sent as a PDF via email and will show an overview of activity on your website for the preceding period. We expect to start sending these reports in the next few days and so long as you remain a Club Purple member, you should continue to receive your report on a monthly basis, either on the last day or the first day of the month.
Club Purple Client reports – What Do I Get?
The report displays the following summary information (assumes all services are being provided to you)
- Cover Page: Website Domain Information & Reporting Period
- Software Updates Performed
- Backups Performed: The number of times your website and / or databases have been backed up;
- Google Analytics
- Additional Checks
View the gallery to see the details:
Section 1: Cover page
- Your site information
- Reporting period
Section 2: Updates. Provides details of updates to your site software
- WordPress updated: Was WordPress core software updated. This does not show if no updates were performed.
- Plugins updated: How many plugins / software apps were updated on your site. This does not show if no updates were performed.
- Theme software update? This does not show if no updates were performed.
Section 3: Backups performed on your site
- Backups Performed: The number of times your website files and / or databases have been backed up
- Backup retention information.
Section 4: Google Analytics Data – provides information on your site traffic
- Page Visits: Number of visitor “hits” on your website during the time period
- Page Views: How many pages on your site were viewed
- Pages/Visit: Average number of pages visited, per visit.
- Average visit duration: The average amount of time (in seconds) visitors stayed on your website
- % New visits: New vs returning visitors
- Links to Google Analytics.
Section 5: Additional checks performed
- Google Safe Browsing – checks your web site address against Google’s safe search database to ensure there are no red flags
- Malware checks – checks your website for malware using the industry leading Sucuri site check algorithms. May not sure unless action was taken.
- Website Uptime: provides a statistical figure showing your website’s address ping uptime result for the previous month.
- Site Cleanup: display information about what other maintenance tasks have been undertaken on your site, e.g. removal of spam comments, or database optimisation.
Overall, we hope you’ll agree this report will give you, our valued customer, an interesting and useful overview of activity on your website – both from a visitor statistical point of view, and from the management perspective in terms of what we are doing to help keep you website safe. If you wish to “drill-down” into the Google Analytics data, just let us know (you will need to have a Google email address to access the Google Analytics website).
Client Reporting is a work in progress and we have a number of plans to introduce further information, including charts and graphs to make it visually more attractive and easier to read.
If you feel there’s something we are missing, or you have a question, we would be happy to hear from you – just get in touch!
More information on Club Purple and how to join can be found here