Purple Dog Design prefers to work with the ubiquitous WordPress platform, primarily because it’s Open Source. This means there’s a large developer community continually enhancing and releasing updates, to ensure it stays the best, most secure and most up to date & feature rich technology in use today.
It also means there are no expensive on-going license fees and the source code is fully open for customisation (something we do a lot of) and sharing.
WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. It is arguably the most-widely used website technology in use on the internet today, with research showing that WordPress powers nearly 20% of the top 10million websites.
Two of the biggest users of the WordPress technology are Yahoo and eBay, but there are millions of businesses who have embraced this powerful CMS (Content Management System) and we’ve been using this technology since 2007 to build beautiful, clean, professional and effective websites for our clients. Our business has grown alongside WordPress and we’ve witnessed some pretty major upgrades. It is by far the best software on the market today for CMS websites.
However, just because we prefer to work with WordPress doesn’t mean your website will look like every other website design out there! We work hard to customise the look and feel of the site to ensure it meets all of your specified goals, including using specific SEO techniques to help ensure the best organic search engine results.
The benefits of working with Purple Dog and WordPress webdesign;
- WordPress is client friendly and easy to use, this means that managing your content is straightforward once you know your way around the CMS (we provide training to all our clients).
- The integrated blogging (news article publishing) capability means your site content can remain fresh and search engine friendly.
- Multiple user access means that different members of your business can manage the website content or their own sections.
- WordPress also allows us to set permissions and limitations for separate users so that you can be sure that your website is in safe hands.
- WordPress apps (plugins) allow us to offer a wide range of additional functionality. We only use tried and tested apps.
- Custom built Purple Dog apps e.g. slideshows, contact forms, maps, social media or a shopping cart – provide optional extras.
- Managed services from Purple Dog can take care of the day to day so that you don’t have to worry, if you are too busy or just aren’t technically minded.
Our WordPress Custom designed websites have been working for businesses for many years. Whether your business is looking for Auckland website design services, or if you’re based in Queenstown, Waiheke Island, Brisbane, London, New York – or wherever – isn’t it time that you joined the growing list of satisfied Purple Dog customers? As an added bonus, we offer a free 30 minute consultation via phone or skype, to assess your needs and discuss the best options for your business and how you can best take advantage of our expertise.
For more information, contact us today!