Use of the Purple Dog Design Website
Privacy & Personal Information
In general, you can visit this site without telling us who you are or giving us personal information. There are times when we may need information from you, such as to process an order or to correspond. We may supplement this information to complete a transaction or to provide better service.
Information we collect
- When you register for an account or place an order / service requestm or contact us by email or phone, we may request your personal and business information.
- We may collect non-identifiable information when you visit our site for visitor tracking and analysis (e.g., cookies) and to help improve your experience on our site.
- We may collect your IP address for the purpose of identifying your location.
- We may collect information about the type of browser you are using, the type of software, your computer version, screen resolution size and device type for analysis and experience improvements (Google Analytics)
The use of your information
- We will never sell your information, pass it to others unlawfully or allow any external party to access it, unless required to do so by law, or where you have expressly requested this.
- Purple Dog and our chosen service partners, where necessary, may use your information in the fulfilment of any service or order you have requested.
- From time to time, we may contact you in connection with certain transactions, or to inform you about certain events that may have an impact upon your services (e.g. scheduled maintenance on your hosting server).
- We may occasionally contact you for general marketing purposes – e.g. our newsletter to inform you of any important and other news (if you have consented to receive these), to conduct a survey, site experience or general feedback from you.
- Where agreed by you, in the public areas of the site, we may display your information, for example on our testimonials page or in a case study.
- Your information is held in the strictest of confidence and never willingly divulged to any unauthorised party.
- We use a secure HTTPS SSL website encryption protocol to transmit your data to and from our website to our server databases.
- Our servers are protected to the highest standards with best practice methods and continuous and regular audits.
- We encrypt sensitive data such as passwords and other information where possible.
- We do not hold any credit card data on our servers because we use third party payment processors that utilise tokenized encryption.
- Unless you have given consent, we do not share any information with third parties – except where we are required to do so by law, or for specific purpose of fulfilling an order you have requested.
- If any information we hold about you in incorrect, please contact us to request that it be updated.
- If you decide not to provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to register you or provide any services.
- If at any time, you wish to be removed from our newsletter or public areas of our site, you may request that and we will respect your wishes.
- If you are a citizen of the EU, you also have the additional right to request a copy of the information we have on record for you, under the GDPR. You may also request that data be deleted.
- If you are an existing Purple Dog client, you can close your account, subject to additional terms that may apply concerning the access and processing of your data. Please view our Terms of Service for more information.