Last Updated : August 2020
Information we collect
- When you register for an account or place an order / service request or contact us by email or phone, we may request your personal information in order to communicate and deliver services to you. The information we collect will be for example; name; address; email; business name; contact information, IP address, domain name and other associated information necessary in the fulfilment of service engagement or provision.
- If you have chosen to subscribe to a newsletter, or comment on articles we will collect your name, email address, location and other optional information.
- We may collect non-identifiable information when you visit our site for visitor tracking and analysis (e.g., cookies) and to help us to improve your experience on our site.
- We may collect your IP address for the purpose of identifying your approximate location / ISP.
- We may also collect information about the type of browser you are using, the type of software, your computer version, screen resolution size and device type for analysis and experience improvements (for example Google Analytics)
The use of your information
- Purple Dog and, where necessary our trusted service partners, may use your information to verify your identity, in the fulfilment of any product, service or order you have requested and to collect payments from you for any such related services.
- We will never knowingly sell your information, pass it to others unlawfully or allow any external party to access it, except where we are required to do so by law, to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim or where you have expressly requested this.
- From time to time, we may contact you in connection with certain transactions, or to inform you about certain events that may have an impact upon any product or service(s) that you have purchased from us
- We may occasionally contact you for general marketing purposes – e.g. our newsletter to inform you of any important and other news (if you have consented to receive these), to conduct customer surveys, or to collect site experience and / or general feedback from you.
- Where agreed by you, in the public areas of the site, we may display your information, for example on our testimonials page or in a case study.
- Your information is held in the strictest of confidence and never willingly divulged to any unauthorised party.
- We use a secure HTTPS SSL website encryption protocol to transmit your data to and from our website to our server databases.
- Our servers are protected to the highest standards with best practice methods and continuous and regular in-house audits.
- Data may be transferred and stored under our control to multiple global locations (for redundancy) for example using a CDN and to provide our users with the fastest and most secure experience.
- Wherever data is stored we ensure the highest level of security possible.
- We encrypt sensitive data such as passwords and other important information wherever possible.
- We do not hold any credit card data locally or on our servers because we use third party payment processors that utilise tokenised encryption.
- Unless you have given consent, we do not share any information with third parties – except where we are required to do so by law, or for the purpose of fulfilling product / services / orders.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As a service provider, we utilise multiple data centres and service partners in the delivery of products and services. In particular, we utilise a global network of servers (known as a CDN and load balancers) and data exists “in the cloud” in multiple global locations, (though primarily in NZ, AU and USA). We do this to provide the highest level of service, security and speed to our customers and their clients. Furthermore, we employ best-practice standards wherever data is stored, and ensure that comparable safeguards exist in order to comply with New Zealand privacy laws.
- If your personal data is transferred outside NZ to other servers affiliates or to third party service providers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it remained within NZ, including by entering into data transfer agreements that satisfy the NZ approved Standards. The countries to which personal data is generally stored and / or transferred, is Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America. We reserve the right to share any information that you provide which is not deemed personal data or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions
The Site is not for use by children under the age of 16 years and we do not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by the Site to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify us and we will delete all such personal data.
We take measures, including data encryption, to protect the transmission of all sensitive end-user information. We make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party ‘hackers’ from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We apply a general rule of keeping personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. In general, we retain your personal data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
- If any information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us to request that it be updated.
- If you decide not to provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to provide products and or services to you.
- If at any time, you wish to be removed from our newsletter or public areas of our site, you may request that and we will respect your wishes.
- You also have the right to request a copy of the information we have on record for you. You may also request that data be deleted.
- If you are an existing Purple Dog client, you can close your account, subject to additional terms that may apply concerning the access and processing of your data. Please view our Terms of Service for more information.