Small and medium sized businesses may qualify for funding to help pay for advisory services to support them through the Covid-19 outbreak. Purple Dog Design Ltd is a registered provider of services under the Regional Business Partners Funding scheme. We offer a range of services that are registered with the “Management Capability Development Voucher Fund” and the “Covid-19 Business Advisory Fund” initiatives being run by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise on behalf of the NZ government.
What Is Regional Business Partners Funding?
The Regional Business Partners Fund (RBPF) is a government grant system that is under the umbrella of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) – a government agency that aims to “Help New Zealand Succeed”. In a nutshell, NZTE is responsible for helping New Zealand businesses to grow. They do this through a comprehensive network of partners and other government agencies “to ensure businesses get the right wraparound support both in New Zealand and overseas.”
Organisations such as Auckland’s ATEED (Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development) are one such agency that receives and administers applications for this fund and we encourage our Auckland based clients to register for the following funding opportunities:
Management Capability Development Fund
Pre-Covid, businesses were able to sign up and go through a process to enable them to access (if eligible) a Management Capability Development Fund of up to $5,000. This was a co-funded grant – was paid out as up to 50% for the cost of consultancy for management coaching and training services aimed at building management capability within the business. The services can be provided and delivered by a range of registered providers – Purple Dog Design is a registered service provider for several services.
COVID-19 Business Advisory Funding
As a result of the global Covid 19 pandemic, the NZ government has launched the Covid-19 Business Advisory Fund to enable businesses to access expert advice and support. It’s being administered through the Regional Business Partner Network. The Economic Development and Small Business Ministers announced a further $40 million for the RBP Network, on top of $15 million invested since March 2020.
- Business owners can access up to $5000 excl. GST per business from the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund.
- It is 100% funding; no co-funding is required.
- RBP Growth Advisors – growth advisors take a birds-eye look at your whole business, then help you connect with the resources and experts so you can find the right support to recover, build capability and grow.
- COVID-19 Business Advisory Funding provides support in areas such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity, cashflow and finance management, strategy and digital capability.
The services can be provided and delivered by a range of registered providers – Purple Dog Design is a registered service provider for several services.
Is your Business Eligible?
According to the RBP website (as at date of publication), to be eligible, businesses must:
- Have undergone an assessment with a Regional Business Partner Growth Advisor
- Have fewer than 100 full time equivalent employees, and
- be GST registered in New Zealand, and
- have a New Zealand Business Number, and
- be operating in a commercial environment; and
- be a privately-owned business or are a Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership.
- Charitable trusts
- Incorporated societies
How To Apply For Funding
- Register on the Regional Business Partners website, visit the registration page here
- An RBPN “Growth Advisor” will contact you to discuss your needs and determine if your business is eligible, and if so will allocate funding.
- You can then contact your preferred registered Service Provider and start work (Purple Dog Design is a registered service provider for various services)
- The Registered Service Provider delivers the service and receives the funding from the Regional Business Partners Funding scheme.
Notes: Funding is not guaranteed and only RBP Growth Advisors can allocate the funding. Small businesses may qualify for funding – paid out in the form of a “voucher” to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Information on this webpage is correct at the time of publication, but is subject to change. To find out more visit the RBP website
Related Services from Purple Dog Design
Purple Dog is a registered Regional Business Partner Network provider and offers services based around marketing, ecommerce, website optimisation, training and other consultancy based services.
This service is registered with the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund. Businesses may be eligible for support under the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund for this service. Find out more by visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz
We provide a one-on-one consultancy service for businesses wishing to establish or grow their digital presence. We have been providing this service since 2006 in New Zealand and since 1995 in the UK – and we have many satisfied clients across the globe.
As part of the consultancy service, we provide guidance and strategic direction for setting up, running and growing a successful digital presence for any business product or service.
We can assist with product and / or service feasibility studies and offer guidance concerning research and development, software and application integrations, ecommerce, online marketing opportunities and a range of other digital related platforms and services to suit your business. Please get in touch to find out more
ICT&T and Marketing Consultancy
During the service, the Business owner and team will be taken through several stages;
1) Discovery: We interview the key business personnel to gather detailed feedback and information relating to the current SWOT and the unique business situation to understand the pain points, challenges and expectations and future growth potential.
2) Assessment: Together with the business owner, we will develop the options for moving forward, understand their immediate and future goals, look at risks, consider preferred methods and where necessary or as requested, perform additional research or analysis.
3) Planning: Once we have collated these details, we will develop a detailed strategic plan and project schedule with the business owner. This plan will be broken down into segments of a) agreed recommendations, b) required resources, c) action plan tasks and d) next steps that need to be taken, along with a timeline. The plan will clearly provide a detailed framework of what, when and how.
4) Execute: We will then agree the best options for execution of the plan’s strategies. The business owner and team will be provided with clear direction and guidance in order that they achieve the agreed plan and action steps. Where we have agreed additional steps, we will undertake these, for example, to implement solutions.
5) Evaluation & Adjustment: Ongoing feedback is important to us. It is expected that reporting and feedback will be undertaken through-out the process, so that all parties can adjust procedural requirements or output, as necessary in order to achieve the stated outcomes. Furthermore, once the plan has been executed, we will provide an additional assessment of what has been achieved and what additional steps could or should now be taken to ensure continued success.
- Time frame: 3-4 weeks
- Estimated Cost: $5,000 ex GST