Each domain name has a unique passcode to prevent unauthorised transfer. These passcodes are usually referred to as either EPP or UDAI codes and you will need to retrieve this code before you can move your domain name.
If you are moving your domain to Purple Dog, you should request the code from your current provider and then either send that to us so that we can assist with the transfer, or enter it into the transfer box at checkout.
If you are moving away from Purple Dog, you can get this code by following the instructions at this article
Whether transferring to or away from Purple Dog, you should be aware of the following points:
- http://whois.domaintools.com/ this is a useful tool to examine a domain's data.
- To transfer a domain successfully, it must be in the UNLOCKED or OK status. If this is not the case, you will need to contact the person who manages the domain to request it to be unlocked.
- The EPP / UDAI code is usually only provided to the account holder - sometimes it will be sent to the email address of the current registrant - or it may require a login to display the EPP code. If this is not you, you will need to contact the person who manages the domain to request they acquire the EPP.
- When transferring certain domains, you may receive a confirmation email. This must be actioned to complete the transfer.
- Transferring a domain can impact on your email and other services - so unless you know what you're doing, we recommend that you proceed with caution.
- It is usually not possible to transfer a domain that is overdue, expired, in redemption or if it has any other issues associated to it.