At Purple Dog we take account security seriously - follow these simple steps to stay safe and secure online:
- Always use a secure and unique password containing a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and characters;
- Use an online password generator to ensure your password is strong: http://passwordsgenerator.net/
- Consider updating / changing your password at least once a year - make sure it is strong and hard to guess;
- Don't share or "reuse" passwords across sites - if one gets hacked you can be vulnerable on all of the others;
- We recommend using a Password Manager such as https://lastpass.com/ that can help generate secure passwords and help you remember them
- NEVER share passwords with other people - they should have their own account!
- Be careful in internet cafes or public places as your login info can be intercepted
- Where possible - try to use Two Factor Authentication (TFA) see article here or see below for more.
NOTICE: Purple Dog will NEVER ask you for your password
As well as requiring a strong password, when you first set up an account with us, we ask you to answer a security question.
The answer that you give help us to verify you, when you request certain actions (e.g plan changes or upgrades etc) on your account.
If you do not already have security question answers set up, or you would like to review / change the answers you have previously given, you will need to login to your account and head to this page: https://www.purpledogdesign.com/clients/clientarea.php?action=security
From there, you can modify or create new security answers.
We may use the answers you provide to verify you as an authorised person on that account, any time you make certain requests.
Two Factor Security
As an additional option, two factor login security is available on your Purple Dog account.
This enables you to further safeguard your account by requiring an additional password be sent to you prior to allowing login access to your account.
Typically, the additional password is sent to you via SMS text and you then have a set amount of time to enter the code on to the login screen before it expires.
Please get in touch if you would like to know more.