This tutorial will help you set up the Mozilla Thunderbird™ e-mail client to work with your e-mail account.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Mozilla Thunderbird
- In Mozilla Thunderbird, from the Tools menu select Account Settings.
- Select Email account, and then click Next.
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Select POP or IMAP as the type of incoming server you are using. Your incoming server is mail.yourdomain.com.
- Click Next.
- Enter your e-mail address for the Incoming User Name, and Outgoing User Name. Click Next.
- Enter a name for your email account and click Next.
- Verify your account information and click Finish.
- In the Account Settings window, select Outgoing Server listed below your new account.
- Type mail.yourdomain.com for the Server Name and change the Port setting to 26.
- Select Use name and password and enter your e-mail address. Thunderbird will ask you for your password the first time you try to send mail. Click OK.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Thunderbird™ is a trademark of the Mozilla Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.